The Tamar Valley is filled with an abundance of inspiring artisan food producers. Here at Holm Oak, we love visiting our neighbours at Robur Farm to source some goat fetta for this tasty recipe. A simple four-steps, this meal is a crowd-pleaser in the Duffy family and pairs beautifully with our 2019 Pinot Gris. Enjoy with a side of salad or chicken, perfect for lunch or dinner!
- 1 large bunch asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Roast for 10 minutes or to desired doneness. (If your asparagus is thick, it may take longer or require a higher temperature.)
- While asparagus is roasting, combine walnuts, parsley, lemon zest, garlic and salt and black pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- When asparagus is ready, immediately drizzle with lemon juice and top with goat cheese. Place back in the oven for 1-2 minutes for the goat cheese to warm.
- Transfer to a serving platter and top with Walnut Lemon Gremolata. Serve immediately.
Image source: From A Chef’s Kitchen