Looking for the perfect winter comfort food? This creamy pumpkin soup with crusty bread is an all-time favourite in the Duffy family. Follow our four simple steps to whip up a delicious dinner on a cold winter’s night. Enjoy with a glass of Holm Oak 2018 Chardonnay.
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1.5 kg butternut pumpkin, diced
- 20 g butter
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, halved, washed, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp pure cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Crusty bread, sliced, to serve
- Bottle of Holm Oak 2018 Chardonnay
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Place pumpkin and garlic in a bowl. Add oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Arrange pumpkin mixture in a single layer on the prepared tray. Bake for 40 minutes or until pumpkin is golden and tender.
- Squeeze garlic cloves from skin, reserve. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek, stir for 3 minutes until softened. Then add potato, and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and 2 cups of cold water. Season with pepper. Cover, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes until potato is tender. Stir in roasted pumpkin and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until heated through. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Blend pumpkin mixture in batches until smooth. Return to pan over low heat and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into serving bowls. Drizzle with cream and sprinkle with chives. Serve with crusty bread slices and a glass of Holm Oak 2018 Chardonnay.
Image Source: taste.com.au