During this time of the year there is very little happening in our garden. However, root vegetables are always somewhere to be found and we love using them to make a delicious and healthy Warm Carrot and Pumpkin Salad. This three-step recipe is super simple and tastes spectacular with some grilled meat, fish or haloumi, and of course… a glass of Holm Oak 2018 Sauvignon Blanc.
- 500g diced butternut pumpkin
- 1 bunch carrots, ends trimmed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 orange, zested, juiced
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 250g cooked baby beetroot, quartered
- 200g crunchy sprouts
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 400g lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange the pumpkin and carrots on tray and drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil. Season. Roast, turning occasionally, for 20-25 mins or until pumpkin is tender.
- Meanwhile, place orange zest, orange juice, mustard, maple syrup, vinegar and remaining oil in a screw-top jar. Shake well. Season.
- Arrange the pumpkin mixture, beetroot, sprouts, almond, lentils and parsley on a serving
Drizzle with the dressing.
Image source: Taste.com.au