Warm Carrot and Pumpkin Salad
During this time of the year there is very little happening in our garden. However, root vegetables are always somewhere to be found and we love using them to make a delicious and healthy Warm Carrot and Pumpkin Salad. This three-step recipe is super simple and tastes spectacular with some grilled meat, fish or haloumi, and of course… a glass of Holm Oak Pinot Gris.
- 500g diced butternut pumpkin
- 1 bunch carrots, ends trimmed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 orange, zested, juiced
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 250g cooked baby beetroot, quartered
- 200g crunchy sprouts
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 400g lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange the pumpkin and carrots on tray and drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil. Season. Roast, turning occasionally, for 20-25 mins or until pumpkin is tender.
- Meanwhile, place orange zest, orange juice, mustard, maple syrup, vinegar and remaining oil in a screw-top jar. Shake well. Season.
- Arrange the pumpkin mixture, beetroot, sprouts, almond, lentils and parsley on a serving
Drizzle with the dressing.