Supporting local produce is at the heart of our philosophy at Holm Oak and it’s hard to go past local salmon. Enjoy this home smoked salmon recipe with kimchi butter and cucumber pickle. A perfect match with our new 2017 Sparkling Rosé
- To make kimchi butter, whiz butter, kimchi and kimchi juice in a food processor until combined. Place on a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a sausage shape, then wrap up tightly and chill until firm.
- To make cucumber pickle, combine sugar, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons water in a pan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cool.
- Add cucumber, chilli and red onion, transfer to an airtight container, then chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat a hooded barbecue to medium-low. Spread rice, wood dust and tea leaves over a large foil tray, then place an oven rack over the top. Heat tray on the barbecue, with hood down, for 3 minutes or until starting to smoke. Rub salmon all over with oil, then place, skin-side down, on the flat plate.
- Cook, with hood down, for 2 minutes or until skin is crisp, then transfer to the rack and smoke for 10-12 minutes until golden and cooked through. Serve topped with slices of kimchi butter, cucumber pickle and micro basil.
Image Source: Taste
Shop our Sparkling