Here at Holm Oak we love adding truffle shavings to our pasta and what better way of supporting local producer Tasmanian Truffles. This recipe inspired by Jacqui Debono is a quick and easy way of putting dinner on the table if you are lost on what to cook. Be sure to serve this delicious dish with a glass of Holm Oak 2019 Pinot Noir.
- 400 g tagliolini pasta, you can also use tagliatelle
- 1-2 black truffle
- 300 g taleggio cheese, you can also use fontina, brie or robiola
- 200 ml fresh cream
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
- salt for pasta and to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 knob butter
- Put a pot of water on to boil for the pasta. Add salt once it starts to boil and bring to the boil again.
- Cut the taleggio into small pieces and melt it in a pan with a knob of butter and the cream. Stir continuously. As soon as the sauce has become creamy, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the packet, drain and add to the pan with the cheese sauce. (My fresh tagliolini from Giovanni Rana took 1 minute!)
- Serve immediately with shavings of black truffle and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan.
Image source: Tasmanian Truffles