Looking for a flavoursome winter meal that will please all adults and kids in your home? This Rib Eye with Chimichurri Sauce dish has proven success and pairs beautifully with our Holm Oak 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Parsley 1 cup chopped
- Oregano 1/2 cup chopped fresh
- Shallot 2 diced
- Garlic 3 cloves crushed
- Chilli 1 deseeded chopped
- Olive oil 5 TBL
- Red wine vinegar 1TBl
- Lime juice ½ lime
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Kipfler Potatoes 500g washed
- Clarified butter 100g
- Cape Grim Bone in Rib Eye or Scotch Fillet 4x300g Steaks
- Bottle of 2018 Holm Oak Cabernet Sauvignon
- Chimichurri Salsa is a very simple recipe. Some people like to mix the ingredients in a blender or mortar and pestel. I prefer to simply chop them and mix in a bowl, this gives a nice crunch and texture to the dish.
- For the Kipfler Potatoes, bring to the boil in salted water with the skin on and two cloves of crushed garlic. Once boiled for 2 minutes, take off the heat and allow them to cool in the water. They will be par cooked when they reach room temperature. Cut the potatoes in half and fry flat side down on the barbeque hot plate in clarified butter until crisp. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make sure to get nice thick pieces of steak with a centred piece of fat, this will help you get a delicious crust without over cooking the steak. Season liberally with sea salt and pepper. First seal on the hotplate until golden brown (around 1 minute on either side) and then move to grill to finish cooking (around 2 minutes either side for medium rare).
- Rest the steaks in a warm spot (around 50º) for half the overall cooking time at least. Serve with a glass of 2018 Holm Oak Cabernet Sauvignon.
Image Source: taste.com.au
Recipe Adapted From: Cape Grim Beef