8 July 2019 |
Roast Rack of Lamb with Potatoes
10 chat potatoes
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup of black olives
1 quality 6-bone rack of lamb
a few sprigs of rosemary
6 cloves of garlic
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender, then drain. Meanwhile, squeeze the seeds from the tomatoes, and remove seeds the olives.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat, add the lamb rack and sear until golden, then remove to a plate.
- Lightly crush the drained potatoes with a fork and tip into the frying pan, then fry for a couple of minutes over a medium-low heat.
- Stir in the tomatoes and olives, then season with sea salt and black pepper. Put in the rosemary, scatter over the unpeeled garlic cloves, and drizzle with a little oil. Transfer to a roasting tray.
- Place the lamb on top of the potatoes. Depending on the size of the rack, the lamb will take somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes to cook, but will still be pink in the middle – use your instincts (add 5 to 10 minutes if you like your meat well done).
- When the lamb is cooked to your liking, slice it into chops and serve with the crispy potatoes. Delicious served with a little salsa verde and a glass of Tasmanian red wine.