18 January 2019 |
Moscato & Berry Jelly
Preparation time: 30 minutes, plus chilling time
500ml Pig & d’Pooch Moscato
1/3 cup caster sugar
2 strips orange rind
2 tbsp lemon juice
500g strawberries, sliced
- Place 1/3 cup water and gelatine in a heat-proof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water and stir until gelatine dissolves.
- Combine half of the moscato, sugar, orange rind and lemon juice in small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, then bring to then boil.
- Remove orange rind and discard, stir in gelatine mixture, and add remaining Moscato. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour 1/3 cup of jelly mixture into an oiled 22cm cake tin, and refrigerate until set (10 mins).
- Top jelly with berries, then pour 200ml of jelly mixture over fruit (it won't completely cover the fruit). Place a sheet of plastic wrap directly over fruit mixture and then a 22cm dinner plate. Weigh plate down with cans of food.
- Refrigerate until set, remove plate and plastic wrap.
- Heat reserved jelly slightly to make it liquid again if necessary. Pour over berries, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight until set.