11 March 2019 |
Lamb Burgers with Beetroot Salsa and Feta
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
500g lamb mince
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
3 teaspoons ground cumin
1 cup mint leaves, chopped
425g canned baby beetroot, drained
1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
toasted hamburger buns and lettuce leaves, to serve
- Place the lamb in a large bowl half the onion, garlic, parsley, 2 tsp cumin and 1/4 cup mint and mix together using your hands. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and form into 4 patties.
- Cut the beetroot into small cubes. Place in a bowl with the remaining onion, cumin and mint. Add the coriander, lemon juice and oil, then season and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Preheat a frying pan or barbecue to medium-high heat. Cook patties for 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Place feta on top of each patty. Place under grill for about 1 minute until feta is golden.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with salad leaves and beetroot salsa.
Image credit: Taste.com.au